We have been hosting children's birthday parties for over 5 years. We have also been asked to host adult parties, team-building events, Hen Parties and Baby Showers. For children, our pottery painting parties have proved very popular with children of all ages but over the years we have noticed that children aged 5 & over definitely get more out of this package as they are able to concentrate on their painting and listen to instruction from the party host. We no longer host parties for children under 5 years of age but you are very welcome to arrange your own little get-together as young children really do love to get creative, they just need more one-on-one attention and a little extra help (you grown ups love to help!)
Pottery Painting Party Package
Prices are £13.95 per head for a minimum of 8 children and a maximum of 12 on a Saturday. We do also offer exclusive use after-school parties (see below). What's included?:
1. an item of pottery worth up to £10 from our children's favourites range which will include a wide range of animal figures such as unicorns, penguins, frogs, butterflies, crocodiles, dogs, dragons, cats, fantasy figures such as pegasus and dinosaurs. Our pottery range is varied to include items for boys and girls of all ages. Designs change regularly to ensure that there is plenty of choice for everyone, including our regular visitors.
2. unlimited paint, brushes, stencils, sponges, a dedicated party host who will look after the children for the duration of the party, glazing & kiln-firing your party items. Items will usually be ready to collect by the birthday Mum from the shop in around 8-10 days (although this date will be confirmed on the day of your party.)
3. a keepsake plate for the birthday child. We will capture your child's handprint in the centre of the plate & personalise it with his or her name and age e.g. "Harriet's 8th Birthday" We will capture a fingerprint from each of the party guests around the rim of the plate and add their names. This will be glazed and fired for a lasting keepsake from your child's birthday party.
4. unlimited jugs of squash for the children throughout the duration of the party & a complementary hot drink for the party parents.
5. party picnic. We cater our parties by offering individual plates which will vary from time to time but will always contain: a sandwich (when you book your party you will be given a choice of filling) cocktail sausages, yoghurt, fruit and a sweet treat. We bring out bowls of crisps for the table. Your party host will take care of the cake (you need to provide this at the start of the party so we can get it ready for singing) and we will cut this for you so that the children can enjoy a slice after they have finished their party picnic (if you wish)
6. party game. Your party host will play a party game with the children (age dependent - we play pass the parcel with younger children and pin the horn on the unicorn with older ones) while we clean down their tables and serve the picnic. We provide a present for this but you are welcome to bring additional games if you wish.
We provide each child with an apron to wear but rest assured that our paints are completely washable & non-toxic.
Our parties last an hour and a half. The children will have a dedicated party table and you are welcome to bring balloons & table decorations along if you wish. The craft activity will generally last about 45 minutes (some children are more thorough than others) and then they will have time to enjoy a game, food and cake.
Please note that there is limited space for extra party guests. We set aside our front reception area for adults who are accompanying children to the party where we have a comfy sofa for you to enjoy a cuppa and a table which comfortably seats 5 so around 7-8 adults is around the maximum we can accommodate whilst the party is running. On Saturdays we do remain open to the public so there may be other customers at the studio during your party but your dedicated party host will make sure that you are looked after throughout the duration of your party and do everything to make your guests as comfortable as possible. Adults can purchase hot & cold drinks if they wish. Tea & coffee is complementary for party parents.
After School Parties With Exclusive Use
If you would like to invite more than 12 children to your child's party (this is the maximum number we can accommodate on a Saturday) along with an unrestricted number of adults accompanying them, why not consider an after school party? Available on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday after school your party will run from 4pm til 5.30pm. Prices are the same, our minimum number is just 12 instead of 8.
We have received many complements from Mums attending our parties who have been surprised by how relaxing the experience is. We take care of everything so you can sit back with a cuppa and enjoy watching the children create their masterpieces.
Birthdays without a party package
For people who do not wish to meet the minimum number requirements for one of our party packages or simply want to make sure that a large group can paint together, we are more than happy to reserve a table (a small deposit is required) which you are welcome to decorate with balloons etc. You can be sure of a very warm birthday welcome. Bring a cake along too if you wish and we will join in the singing (because we are very good at singing!)
There will be snacks and drinks available to purchase. Prices will be payable in accordance with usual pottery prices so if it normally costs £6 to paint a small butterfly for instance, that is what you would pay on the day. We don't charge you more just because you are celebrating a birthday.
If you need more information, please pop into the shop for a chat with us and we can talk you through the various options and show you some of the pottery pieces that we have on offer. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on 01633 406406 or email email@example.com
To book a party package, we require a £20 deposit to secure your date. The outstanding balance is required 3 days before your party when final numbers will be confirmed. It is never too early to book!
How to book: call us on 01633 406406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your date is available and if so, we can take your deposit payment over the phone or you can pop in and see us.
We offer Saturday parties at either 11.30am til 1pm or 2pm til 3.30pm. At busy times of year availability for parties will be reduced to cater an increased demand for weekend appointments to create handprint & footprint keepsakes & fingerprint jewellery. Parties get booked up very early so book yours fast to avoid disappointment.
With sufficient notice, exclusive use can often be arranged during an evening to accommodate adult groups & Brownie / Scout groups or corporate / club Events. If you are interested in exclusive use, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can let you know whether this is available as an option for your party.
Terms & Conditions
A non-refundable £20 deposit is required to secure your booking. We cannot guarantee your place until payment is made.
Final numbers and food choices must be confirmed 3 days before your party. We will telephone you to confirm your final numbers. We will ask you to pay the balance for your party during this phone call. We can take payment at the shop or over the telephone.
Cancellation Policy: Your deposit is non-refundable and will not be refunded in the event of cancellation after booking however if you need to change the date, and provided your chosen date is available, we are happy to transfer the deposit. The new date must be within 2 months of the original party date. If you decide to cancel your party after the final balancing payment has been made, your payment will not be refunded however if you need to change the date, and provided your chosen date is available, we are happy to transfer the party payment (subject to a minimum of 48 hours notice). The new date must be within 2 months of the original party date. We do not provide refunds for on the day no-shows. If you tell us at least 24 hours before your party that a guest will not be attending, you can request a credit by way of gift voucher which is valid for 12 months. The value of the gift voucher will be equivalent to the value of their place on the day of your party and can be redeemed against paint your own pottery or any of our personalised ceramic items. Please note that our minimum numbers must be met (i.e. 8 children must attend the party on the day) before any refunds / gift vouchers will be honoured.